Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Dan Farrell <da...@danf.us> on 2009/11/30 06:03:03 UTC

Derby + PHP ?

Hi All,

i would like to connect to a Derby DB With PHP.  It seems that to do
so I will need the ibm db2 module for PHP.  To build that, in turn,  I
will need db2 header and library files.  But for the life of me, I
can't find a suitable download for these files anywhere.  Many of the
links seem to have vanished from IBM's site, but there are no such
links at the Apache Derby site either, from what I can tell.

Can anyone help me figure out where I can obtain IBM's Client Driver
package so that I can build the db2 module for PHP and connect to my
Derby Database?

Or is there some better solution that doesn't require IBM libraries?

Thank you very much, I'm stumbling in the dark.

Sincerely,

	Dan Farrell

Re: Derby + PHP ?

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> In addition, see the following page for a number of ODBC drivers which
> work with Derby:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UsesOfDerby#Products_By_Type
The DB2 Runtime client has not been supported with Derby for some time,
so I removed it from this page to avoid confusion.

Re: Derby + PHP ?

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Dan,

The following old blog may give you some pointers:
http://coffeecode.net/archives/16-Apache-Derby-tutorial-OSCON-2005-materials.html

In addition, see the following page for a number of ODBC drivers which
work with Derby:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UsesOfDerby#Products_By_Type

Hope this helps,
-Rick

Re: Derby + PHP ?

Posted by Sylvain Leroux <sy...@chicoree.fr>.
Hi Dan,

I don't know if Derby is still compatible with DB2-CLI.

Anyway, if it is no longer the case, as an alternative you may use an ODBC-JDBC
gateway. Since PHP has support for ODBC, this should work.

Please, keep us up to date!
Sylvain.

--
sylvain@chicoree.fr