Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/05 23:44:39 UTC

Change ServerWorker to Use New UIDGenerator

Hi,

The ServerWorker impl of the NHTTP transport uses the deprecated
UUIDGenerator from Axiom to generate message IDs. The proper way of
doing this is by using the new UIDGenerator (see [1] for details). The
IDs generated by the two are slightly different in structure:

UUIDGenerator (deprecated): urn:uuid:ADC550543A84B984B31286224511085
UIDGenerator: urn:uuid:68b32f40-70e0-4907-b053-7b6e694c6b02

In fact IDs generated by UUIDGenerator are not standard compliant and
it could cause interop issues. So shall we modify the ServerWorker to
use the new UIDGenerator?

Thanks,
Hiranya

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4527

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka
Senior Software Engineer;

Re: Change ServerWorker to Use New UIDGenerator

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Andreas Veithen
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, UIDGenerator.generateURNString() is the right method to use for
> message IDs. The Synapse UUIDGenerator should indeed be
> removed/deprecated for the same reasons as the UUIDGenerator in Axiom.

Great. I'll do the changes.

Thanks,
Hiranya

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.