Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Don Vaillancourt <do...@avaterra.com> on 2000/04/27 15:53:30 UTC

JRun Vs Tomcat

Hi Guys,

I'm not starting a flame war, jsut need some simple questions anwered.
I also apologize if it is a bit off topic.

Here we are having too many problems with Tomcat 3.1 and wasting too
many resources on  it.  So I was wondering if there were any
implementation differences between Tomcat 3.1 and JRun 2.3.3.

Does JRun make use of a server.xml configuration file or something
similar?  How different are the two products.

BTW, we use SunOS 5.7.

Don

Re: JRun Vs Tomcat

Posted by Roy Truelove <ro...@binghamton.edu>.
From: Don Vaillancourt <do...@avaterra.com>

<snip>
 So I was wondering if there were any
> implementation differences between Tomcat 3.1 and JRun 2.3.3.
>
> Does JRun make use of a server.xml configuration file or something
> similar?  How different are the two products.

They are *very* different in the configuration aspect.  I could explain it
to you, but you can try it out yourself.. Allaire offers a 30 day trial.

BTW -- I tried both and picked Tomcat.  JRun was not flexable enough for
what we need.