Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2003/06/18 18:55:19 UTC

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/t/hooks/TestHooks authen.pm authz.pm

>   -use Apache::Const -compile => qw(OK AUTH_REQUIRED SERVER_ERROR);
>   +use Apache::Const -compile => qw(OK HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED SERVER_ERROR);

if you want to go this route, you might as well use
HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR as well :)

--Geoff

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/t/hooks/TestHooks authen.pm authz.pm

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>

>>>   -use Apache::Const -compile => qw(OK AUTH_REQUIRED SERVER_ERROR);
>>>   +use Apache::Const -compile => qw(OK HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED SERVER_ERROR);
>>

>> if you want to go this route, you might as well use
>> HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR as well :)
>

> I thought you had a commit access? ;)

ah, but you missed the point :)

the real question is this, do we want to advocate HTTP_ constants or the
older, more common (and perfectly valid since they do exist) ones?

I'm of the opinion that we should be consistent - if we're going to switch
to HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED then it should be HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR,
HTTP_MOVED_TEMPORARILY, and so on, both here and across the board in all the
tests and docs.  just changing one instance simply adds confusion.

so, I will go ahead and uniformly change the constants throughout the tests
(well, I'll add it to my ToDo list, anyway :) if we can all agree the
uniform approach is best.  otherwise, I suggest reverting this patch and
just letting everything proceed the way most people are used to.

--Geoff

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/t/hooks/TestHooks authen.pm authz.pm

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.