Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> on 2008/03/27 17:47:52 UTC

building UIMA-AS

I tried to build UIMA-AS from the Sandbox tag sandbox-2.2.2-04 without
success. When looking at the readme of the source package, it seems that
it needs some projects from UIMA core that it compiles is that right?
How do we tag this dependency?

Within the UIMA annotator package we have the same, to build the package
we need the uima-docbook-tools project from UIMA core. When creating the
 tag for the Sandbox release I also tag the uima-docbook-tools project
to the Sandbox tag location. This guarantees that we can reproduces the
build at any time.

-- Michael

Re: building UIMA-AS

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Michael Baessler wrote:
>> (I may have missed something...  but this is a good start...)
>> (There's a Jira issue (not being done yet, probably not for this
>> release) to fixup this process to be less dependent on base uima projects.)
>>> Within the UIMA annotator package we have the same, to build the package
>>> we need the uima-docbook-tools project from UIMA core. When creating the
>>>  tag for the Sandbox release I also tag the uima-docbook-tools project
>>> to the Sandbox tag location. This guarantees that we can reproduces the
>>> build at any time.
>>>
>> Good idea.  How do you do this tagging?  Do you just do some sequential
>> "tagging"-copying into the .../tag/... place?
>
> Yes, I just tag the necessary projects to the current sandbox tag. For
> example the uima-docbook-tools project to
> incubator/uima/sandbox/tags/sandbox-2.2.2/sandbox-2.2.2-04/uima-docbook-tool/
>
> When extracting the sandbox-2.2.2-04 tag all required project are extracted.
>
> -- Michael

No I was able to build the uima-as projects and the assembly.

When tagging the sandbox the following UIMA core project must also be
tagged to the uima-as location:

uimaj-distr to
 /sandbox/tags/sandbox-2.2.2/sandbox-2.2.2-04/uima-as/uimaj-distr/
uima-docbook-tools to
/sandbox/tags/sandbox-2.2.2/sandbox-2.2.2-04/uima-as/uima-docbook-tools/
uimaj-exmaples to
 /sandbox/tags/sandbox-2.2.2/sandbox-2.2.2-04/uima-as/uimaj-examples/
uimaj to
 /sandbox/tags/sandbox-2.2.2/sandbox-2.2.2-04/uima-as/uimaj/

When building the release there were some test errors:

Test set: org.apache.uima.ee.test.TestUimaASBasic
Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 4, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.468
sec <<< FAILURE!

testBrokerLifecycle(org.apache.uima.ee.test.TestUimaASBasic)  Time
elapsed: 0.406 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.io.IOException: Failed to bind to server socket: tcp://MBA07:8118
due to: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
	at
org.apache.activemq.util.IOExceptionSupport.create(IOExceptionSupport.java:33)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)

testInvalidInitializeCall(org.apache.uima.ee.test.TestUimaASBasic)  Time
elapsed: 0.016 sec  <<< ERROR!
javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=MBA07,Type=Broker
	at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.RepositorySupport.addMBean(RepositorySupport.java:452)
	at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.internal_addObject(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1410)

testDeployPrimitiveService(org.apache.uima.ee.test.TestUimaASBasic)
Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< ERROR!
javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=MBA07,Type=Broker
	at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.RepositorySupport.addMBean(RepositorySupport.java:452)
	at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.internal_addObject(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1410)

testDeployAggregateService(org.apache.uima.ee.test.TestUimaASBasic)

Re: building UIMA-AS

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Re: building UIMA-AS

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Michael Baessler wrote:
> I tried to build UIMA-AS from the Sandbox tag sandbox-2.2.2-04 without
> success. When looking at the readme of the source package, it seems that
> it needs some projects from UIMA core that it compiles is that right?
> How do we tag this dependency?

I don't know how to tag this; but you're correct, there is a
dependency.  Currently, I think the dependencies are:
uimaj  (some "parent" info)
uimaj-distr (some common things like LICENSE etc.)
uimaj-examples (the uima-as examples builds on the uimaj examples, and
also borrows some files from it such as the eclipse "project" and
"classpath")
uima-docbook-tool

(I may have missed something...  but this is a good start...)
(There's a Jira issue (not being done yet, probably not for this
release) to fixup this process to be less dependent on base uima projects.)
> Within the UIMA annotator package we have the same, to build the package
> we need the uima-docbook-tools project from UIMA core. When creating the
>  tag for the Sandbox release I also tag the uima-docbook-tools project
> to the Sandbox tag location. This guarantees that we can reproduces the
> build at any time.

Good idea.  How do you do this tagging?  Do you just do some sequential
"tagging"-copying into the .../tag/... place?
-Marshall