Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/03/23 06:46:08 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.0 (RC3)

Thanks again for all who verified and voted!

I give my binding +1 to conclude the vote for 2.8.0 RC3, based on:
- Build from source and verify signatures
- Deploy pseudo-distributed cluster with capacity scheduler
- Verify UI of daemons, like: NameNode, ResourceManager, NodeManager, etc.
- Run some example MR jobs, like: PI, sleep, etc.

Now, we have:

7 binding +1s, from:
     Wangda Tan, Jason Lowe, Akira Ajisaka, Ravi Prakash,
     Karthik Kambatla, Jian He, Junping Du

18 non-binding +1s, from:
    Miklos Szegedi, Eric Payne, Daniel Templeton, Mingliang Liu,
    Sunil Govind, Marton Elek, Brahma Reddy Battula, Masatake Iwasaki,
    Gergo Pasztor, Haibo Chen, Zhihai Xu, John Zhuge, Eric Badger,
    Kuhu Shukla, Larry Mccay, Rakesh Radhakrishnan, Naganarasimha Garla,
    Varun Saxena

1 binding +0, from:
    Steve Loughran

and no -1s.

So I am glad to announce that the vote of 2.8.0 RC3 passes.

Thanks everyone listed above who tried the release candidate and vote.
Also, kudos to all who ever help with 2.8.0 release effort in all kinds of ways.
Without working together in community, we cannot afford so many issues get found
in RC stage (as a minor release with debit of ~2 years commits) and most of them
get fixed so quickly.

I'll push the release bits and send out an announcement for 2.8.0 soon.

Thanks,

Junping​

Posted by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
Quick update: the missing bits in svn release directories (reported in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13749) already get resolved with workaround of bypassing 200M file size limitation. We should document this in our release wiki.
However, a new issue is found that releasing bits are missing from mirror sites which get reported in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13755. The Apache infrastructure team is investigating right now. Will send release news when issue get fixed. Stay tuned!

Thanks,

Junping

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.