Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "ZAROGKIKAS,GIORGOS" <g....@multirama.gr> on 2009/12/28 16:36:20 UTC

Solr an Greek Chars

Hi there

                I’m using solr 1.4 under tomcat server in windows server 2008

 and I want to index some data that contain Greek chars

                When I try to index my data and query all of them with *:* all the greek chars

 returned like hieroglyphics

can anybody help ???

thanks in advance

Γεώργιος Ζαρογκίκας

Τμήμα Μηχανογράφησης

 6936801497

  g.zarogkikas@multirama.gr

 23o Xλμ Εθ. Οδού Αθήνων Λαμίας

ΤΚ. 14564    Driveme <http://www.forthnet.gr/templates/driveme.aspx?c=10008226&initialCenterX=486756.445&initialCenterY=4221978.13&initialZoomLevel=2>

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Re: Solr an Greek Chars

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
This curl command uploads UTF-8 correctly:

  curl $URL --data-binary @$f -H 'Content-type:text/xml; charset=utf-8'

Because Windows does not use UTF-8 as its native character set, you
will keep tripping over encoding mistakes with different programs.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

RE: Solr an Greek Chars