Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lacerda, Wellington (AFIS)" <We...@fao.org> on 2000/11/21 16:12:35 UTC

Managing security on multiple contexts - urgent !

I've a set of web applications /a, /b and /c and a set of users I want to
have access to them, but using a single login. The user logs in via a form
based login or something and have access to all the applications. Is it
possible in Tomcat 3.2 ?

I wonder if I apply security restrictions to the default web.xml file I can
have all my contexts sharing the same security schema ?

Thanks,

Wellington

Re: Managing security on multiple contexts - urgent !

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.

"Lacerda, Wellington (AFIS)" wrote:

> I've a set of web applications /a, /b and /c and a set of users I want to
> have access to them, but using a single login. The user logs in via a form
> based login or something and have access to all the applications. Is it
> possible in Tomcat 3.2 ?

No.  You need to use Tomcat 4.0 to gain this kind of "single sign on" support.

> I wonder if I apply security restrictions to the default web.xml file I can
> have all my contexts sharing the same security schema ?

Nope.  In Tomcat 3.2, all authentication is performed on a per-webapp basis.

> Thanks,
>
> Wellington

Craig McClanahan