Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org> on 2017/07/20 19:48:11 UTC

[Log4j] log4j-server

The SocketServer stuff is now in the new log4j-server module, which is
in the new log4j-tools repo.

Is anyone going to release this new repo in conjuntion with the 2.9
release of the main repo? If not, the SocketServer stuff will be gone.

If we want to have a binary release of the SocketServer stuff we need to
either release the new repo, or move the log4j-server module to the main
repo before the 2.9 release.

Re: [Log4j] log4j-server

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I plan on moving log4j-server back into the main repo. There is some odd
Maven cycle thing going on ATM that breaks the main repo build. It also
makes no sense to me in tools, which should for _tools_ like the DAT file
plugin we talked a while ago that would collect various DAT files and make
them one, handy when shading.

Gary

Re: [Log4j] log4j-server

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org>.