Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Ralph van Etten <ra...@et10.org> on 2008/05/22 11:16:12 UTC

DOM parser element ordering

Hi,

I have a question about the ordering of elements in the XercesDOMParser.

In what order are the elements retrieved with DOMNode::getChildNodes() ?
Are they in the same order as they appeared in the XML document or can
they also appear in some different order?

So, if I have the following XML

<rule id="first">...</rule>
<rule id="middle">...</rule>
<rule id="last">...</rule>

will the first element in the DOMNodeList returned by getChildNodes()
contain the rule with id first etc ?
I like to know for sure because I could not find any documentation on it.

Thanks,

Ralph.

Re: DOM parser element ordering

Posted by John Snelson <jo...@oracle.com>.
Hi Ralph,

Your assumption is correct - the child nodes in the DOMNodeList will be
in document order.

John

--
John Snelson, Oracle Corporation            http://snelson.org.uk/john