Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Buckley <br...@attbi.com> on 2003/04/28 18:28:46 UTC

, zero divide

When one uses the <fmt:formatNumber ../> where the value of the number is a
zero divide, a "?" is sent to output.

Is there a convenient way to make <fmt:formatNumber/> print an alternate
message?

Brian

-------------------

<%-- prints "?" but we want "Zero divide" --%>
<fmt:formatNumber value="${5 / 0 }" pattern="0.00%;" />

RE: , zero divide

Posted by Mark Starmer <ma...@markstarmer.co.uk>.
I've (foolishly) not really played much with the format tags but looking
at the syntax you can do a great deal with patterns etc. like you say.
There do seem to be hundereds of functions in with it. One I do like is
the <fmt:setLocale /> which can be used to format dates and numbers for
every country in the world...

Best Regards

Mark Starmer

http://www.markstarmer.co.uk