Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Abdoulaye Moussa Moctar <mo...@yahoo.fr> on 2010/04/19 08:58:40 UTC

batik don't support links to html?

Hi,

Sorry for my bad english.

I'm using Batik applet to display SVG generated and sent by a servlet.
The svg contains links to HTML pages.
Here is an extract of the SVG file :

<a xlink:href="http://www.google.fr/" xlink:show="replace">
        <text x="10" y="60">Link test (xlink:show="replace")</text>
    </a>

With Adobe SVG viewer the link work : the page test.html is displayed.
In a batik applet, it don't work : nothing happens
In Squiggle, we have this error : java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect.

We use the demo class as base (http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/demo.html) for displaying our SVG.

Have you an idea of cause of our problem ?

Re: batik don't support links to html?

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi

Abdoulaye Moussa Moctar <mo...@yahoo.fr> wrote on 04/19/2010 02:58:40
AM:

> I'm using Batik applet to display SVG generated and sent by a servlet.
> The svg contains links to HTML pages.

 [...]

> With Adobe SVG viewer the link work : the page test.html is displayed.
> In a batik applet, it don't work : nothing happens

    Right, Batik just renders SVG.  It might be possible to modify
the Applet to 'sniff' HTML pages references and push it back out to
the browser the applet is embedded into.  I don't know how hard or easy
that would be given the differences in the various web browsers.