Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Harry Putnam <re...@newsguy.com> on 2013/09/13 17:42:18 UTC

after sa-learn on spam I get '0' messages read?

Using spamassassin 3.3.2 on debian linux (testing)

I haven't tried teaching spamassasin spam from ham by hand before but
looking thru the docs I guess something like:

  sa-learn --spam spammail (Where spammail is mbox style file)

is supposed to be teaching Sa that those messages are spam.

But, the output I see from SA seem to indicate that nothing is really
happening.

 sa-learn --spam spammail
 Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)

Is this normal output or does it mean just what it appears to, that
nothing was done?

The file is mbox format, at least 'mutt -f spam' reads it fine.

If that output does mean that nothing is happing, can anyone tell me
what I might be doing wrong?

Re: after sa-learn on spam I get '0' messages read?

Posted by Harry Putnam <re...@newsguy.com>.

Snowybunting wrote:
> I had to use --mbox switch on my machine:
>
> sa-learn --mbox --spam spammail

Hey, thanks... that was the problem.  I didn't see any mention of that
--mbox flag in the examples I found on line.  SA must be expecting
maildir or something and be defaulted that way.

Re: after sa-learn on spam I get '0' messages read?

Posted by snowybunting <sn...@gmail.com>.