Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Amita Vadhavkar <am...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/31 14:14:46 UTC

[DAS] DAS Web Sample with Tomcat and JOTM as Transaction Manager

I am using jotm-2.0.10 and Tomcat 5.5.23.
The HowTo from JOTM site has a few problems and the below info worked for me
-
[1]http://www.nabble.com/UserTransaction,-
JOTM-and-Tomcat-5.5.x-t1073172.html
[2]http://static.raibledesigns.com/downloads/howto-tomcat-jotm.html

Also, as mentioned in [1] for hsql, for Derby too , I checked that
ut.rollback does not work (used the sample from
.jotm-2.0.10\examples\tomcat - tailored for Derby). So, MySQL may need to be
used for this. With its InnoDB feature ON.
(Ref -
[3]http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/07/30/jotm_transactions.html?page=2
)

Please see the attached screenshot and comment if something like this will
be useful as the sample? Or some
different use case/example will suite better.

Also, I am finding it quite easy to re-use the sample-ajax-das framework to
deploy this new sample. Please advise,
if it should stand separate and not part of that sample. The ease in re-use
lies in the generic -servlet, js, menu jsp
and service processor etc.  We can rename "sample-ajax-das" to ''Advanced
DAS Web Sample", any better name?

Please comment on all of the above, so I will proceed with creating the
required sample using your feedback.

Regards,
Amita