Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dumortier <do...@entpe.fr> on 2006/02/02 13:38:11 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.15 unable to find the Apache Portable Runtime library, Solaris 10.

Hi all,

On Solaris 10, I am using Tomcat 5.5.15. I downloaded apr-1.2.2 and produced
the libtcnative-1.so which has been placed in /usr/local/apr/lib.

I have also added to CATALINA_OPTS the instruction:
-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/apr/lib

setenv CATALINA_OPTS '-Xms256m -Xmx512m
-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/apr/lib -Djava.awt.headless=true'

In spite of this, Tomcat on launch time is still reporting not being able to
load the library.

2 févr. 2006 11:35:24 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
lifecycleEvent

INFO: The Apache Portable Runtime which allows optimal performance in
production environments was not found on the java.library.path:
/usr/local/apr/lib

2 févr. 2006 11:35:26 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init

INFO: Initialisation de Coyote HTTP/1.1 sur http-80

2 févr. 2006 11:35:26 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load

INFO: Initialization processed in 6176 ms

I have read some of the comments regarding the use of apr with tomcat, I
have taken the answers into account as much as I could. But I am now stuck
and I do not know what else I should do.

As anyone succeeded in having apr work with this version of tomcat?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dominique