Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org> on 2018/12/02 10:11:07 UTC

Relative paths to module are not resolved to absolute paths.

Here is a command launched by our user

mvn test --file ./integration-tests/pom.xml

We have the following issue in Surefire but I think the root cause is in
Maven core.
https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/204

We can make a workaround in Surefire but is that right to do?

I am convinced that the issue should be fixed in Maven and absolute paths
should be set in Mojo, see this field:

https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/blob/master/maven-surefire-common/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/surefire/AbstractSurefireMojo.java#L716

Do we have such issues reported in Maven?
Any objections that the first place for fix is in Maven?

Cheers
Tibor

Re: Relative paths to module are not resolved to absolute paths.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il dom 2 dic 2018, 21:13 Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> It seems to be a trivial fix.
> Can we assign MNG-6071[1][2] to the version 3.6.1[3] ?
> Any objections?

Okay to me.
But as I wrote on the PR I think it would be better to have a test which is
covering the change, in order not to see regressions in the future

Enrico

[1]: https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/198
> [2]: https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-box/job/maven/job/MNG-6520
> [3]: https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/MNG/versions/12344378
>

> On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 1:31 PM Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tribor, I think it can be MNG-6071
>> <https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6071> i made fix some time ago.
>

>> BR
>> Sylwester
>>

>> niedz., 2 gru 2018 o 11:11 Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>
>> napisał(a):
>>
>> > Here is a command launched by our user
>> >
>> > mvn test --file ./integration-tests/pom.xml
>> >

>> > We have the following issue in Surefire but I think the root cause is in
>> > Maven core.
>> > https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/204
>> >
>> > We can make a workaround in Surefire but is that right to do?
>> >
>> > I am convinced that the issue should be fixed in Maven and absolute
>> paths
>> > should be set in Mojo, see this field:
>> >

>> https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/blob/master/maven-surefire-common/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/surefire/AbstractSurefireMojo.java#L716
>> >
>> > Do we have such issues reported in Maven?
>> > Any objections that the first place for fix is in Maven?
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > Tibor
>> >

> --

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Relative paths to module are not resolved to absolute paths.

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
It seems to be a trivial fix.

Posted by Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com>.