Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Julian Pereira <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/08 02:33:50 UTC

Read Only Ldap support

Hey!,

I'm sure some have probably ran into this problem, trying to get the server
to use LDAP without admin credentials, just to authenticate users; Has
anyone implemented something similar?

Re: Read Only Ldap support

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Julian Pereira wrote:
> Hey!,
>
> I'm sure some have probably ran into this problem, trying to get the server
> to use LDAP without admin credentials, just to authenticate users; Has
> anyone implemented something similar?

Unfortunately, I got this on my todo but haven't so far had the time. My
plan is to create one that rather than storing a Java object in the LDAP
tree instead with locate and bind as the user.

If you start working on one, we'll be very glad if you would be able to
donate it to the project.

/niklas