Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by King JKing <be...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/26 19:19:11 UTC

Hbase library - hadoop apend

Dear all,

I found in Github project about hadoop apend (hadoop-20-append - Facebook's
Realtime Distributed FS based on Apache Hadoop 0.20-append) (1)
And in HBase release 0.9.1 or 0.9.0, 0.8.9, I found the library
hadoop-core-0.20-append-r1056497. (2)

Could you give the different between them? Does HBase use project (1) to
create library (2)?

Thank a lot for support.
Best regards.

Re: Hbase library - hadoop apend

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
http://hbase.apache.org/book/notsoquick.html#hadoop is our 'official'
story on hadoop versions.  Let us know if its not clear.

The branch-0.20-append up in Apache is kept up mainly by Dhruba and
Hairong from fb and our Todd.  On the state of the fb github vs apache
append branch, I suppose it'd be easy enough comparing the commit
history on the two branches (I've not done it).

Hope this helps,
St.Ack