Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Savage <da...@paremus.com> on 2010/03/04 17:33:48 UTC

UI testing frameworks

Hi there,

I'm in the process of getting a 1.0.0 release of Sigil in shape and a
number of bugs have popped up that could most likely have been caught
if there were some unit tests that could drive the ui. However I've
not had much experience of UI testing frameworks, hence I'm wondering
if anyone on the list knows anything - or knows anyone who knows
anything about how this could be setup?

A quick web search led me to the following:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Automated_Testing looks like there are some
possibilities but the better ones are commercially licensed - not sure
how this would work in apache etc?

Any thoughts welcome.

Regards,

Dave

Re: UI testing frameworks

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <Ja...@Sun.COM>.
Dne čtvrtek 04 března 2010 17:33:48 David Savage napsal(a):
> Hi there,
>
> I'm in the process of getting a 1.0.0 release of Sigil in shape and a
> number of bugs have popped up that could most likely have been caught
> if there were some unit tests that could drive the ui. However I've
> not had much experience of UI testing frameworks, hence I'm wondering
> if anyone on the list knows anything - or knows anyone who knows
> anything about how this could be setup?
>
> A quick web search led me to the following:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Automated_Testing looks like there are some
> possibilities but the better ones are commercially licensed - not sure
> how this would work in apache etc?
>
> Any thoughts welcome.

NetBeans relies on Jemmy2: https://jemmy.dev.java.net/
-jst