Posted to common-issues@hadoop.apache.org by Yoonmin Nam <ro...@dgist.ac.kr> on 2013/12/12 20:43:51 UTC

How can I make a custom counter in the MapReduce engine?

I tried to make a my counter to check the operation time of Maptask.run and
ReduceTask.run using global counter or even LOG.info().

In a pseudo-distributed mode, using builded mapreduce-core-snapshot.jar
which I modified in the MapTask.java and ReduceTask.java to make my goal, it
works perfectly as I expected.

However, in a real cluster, the source code I injected isn't work and just
system-default counter variables are showing.

I think there are different logging logic or security issue between
pseudo-distributed and cluster mode, but I am not sure about that.

Is there anyone who can let me know about it?

Thanks!