Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ryan Stewart <rd...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/04 15:09:20 UTC

Re: Only memory transaction store with JDBC persistence adapter??

Ryan Stewart wrote:

> [...]
>
> In this class, preparedTransactions is a LinkedHashMap. Perhaps someone
> has made the mistaken assumption that the TransactionId object contains
> all the necessary data for recovering a transaction? All of the
> TransactionStore implementations have similar code for the prepare method,
> though the MemoryTransactionStore used by the JDBCPersistenceAdapter
> doesn't even write a transaction event to the database.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me I'm wrong about this. Should I
create a JIRA issue for it?

Re: Only memory transaction store with JDBC persistence adapter??

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Ryan,

You could open an issue, but to fix this we really need a new/extended
JDBC store implementation.  The current implementation was not really
designed to support recovering XA transactions.  It was always
intended that the Journal would be in charge of doing that bit of
work.  The new implementation would need to record the in progress
tx's in the JDBC database before they are committed so that way on
broker restart we can reload the in progress transactions.

If you want to take a crack at implementing this please feel free.
I'd be happy to provide assistance/tips.

Regards,
Hiram

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Ryan Stewart <rd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ryan Stewart wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> In this class, preparedTransactions is a LinkedHashMap. Perhaps someone
>> has made the mistaken assumption that the TransactionId object contains
>> all the necessary data for recovering a transaction? All of the
>> TransactionStore implementations have similar code for the prepare method,
>> though the MemoryTransactionStore used by the JDBCPersistenceAdapter
>> doesn't even write a transaction event to the database.
>>

> I'm still waiting for someone to tell me I'm wrong about this. Should I
> create a JIRA issue for it?

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA