Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sebastien ARBOGAST <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/04 15:48:54 UTC

Grails, Maven and system properties?

I'm using Grails 1.3.3 and I have externalized certain configuration options
to properties files in such a way that I can specify the location of those
properties files on the command line when I start up my application:

Thanks to this line in Config.groovy:
grails.config.locations << "file:" + System.properties["config.location"]

All I have to do to load my configuration file is start up my grails
application using:
grails -Dconfig.location=../config.properties run-app

This all works fine with Grails itself.
But now I'm trying to integrate Maven for enterprize build and the
application builds OK, but when it comes to functional testing, it fails
because it tries to execute run-app but I don't know where to specify my
config.location System property. I've tried to put it simply in the active
profile, but it doesn't seem to work (grails.config.locations remains
empty). I could add it to my Maven command line but I need it to be
environment dependent so that I can specify the location of my config files
in environment-specific profiles.

Is there a place in the POM where I could put this?

Best regards,
Sébastien Arbogast