Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/09/27 05:09:46 UTC

[Vote] 1.2.2 releases

For testing in http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ to release;

  +1  -1  for release:
  [ ] [ ] apr-1.2.2
  [ ] [ ] apr-util-1.2.2

Please test and vote :)  httpd-2.1.8, at least on Win32, will be built
upon this flavor.

Bill

Re: [Vote] 1.2.2 releases

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On September 26, 2005 10:09:46 PM -0500 "William A. Rowe, Jr."
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> For testing in http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ to release;
>
>   +1  -1  for release:
>   [ ] [ ] apr-1.2.2
>   [ ] [ ] apr-util-1.2.2
>
> Please test and vote :)  httpd-2.1.8, at least on Win32, will be built
> upon this flavor.

+1 for apr and apr-util 1.2.2 on Mac OS X 10.4.2.

Note that I committed a fix to the test suite (r292064) so as not to leave
the 8GB file on disk before closing in the testbuckets test.  Otherwise,
expect all sorts of fun while your disk thrashes.  =)

Kudos to Paul for confirming what I saw and Fred for confirming that HFS
doesn't support sparse files.  -- justin

Re: [Vote] 1.2.2 releases

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Joe Orton wrote:

>>Please test and vote :)  httpd-2.1.8, at least on Win32, will be built
>>upon this flavor.
>
> Eww.  If it's called 2.1.8 it better be built from the same sources on
> all platforms.

Actually, I'm under the impression that httpd will designate "Must be
be built with apr version n.x.y or later" - later meaning a version n
which is no less than minor rev x, subrev y.

I also had the impression that httpd'ers didn't plan to bundle apr
(although for a binary distro like win32, of course we will.)

So httpd should become decoupled from the bugs in apr.  But I could
be way misunderstanding things :-)

Bill

Bundled APR Versions, was Re: [Vote] 1.2.2 releases

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 10:09:46PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
>> For testing in http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ to release;
>>
>>  +1  -1  for release:
>>  [ ] [ ] apr-1.2.2
>>  [ ] [ ] apr-util-1.2.2
>
> Thanks form RMing; +1 for both, test suite passes on all-the-Linuxes
> here.
>
>> Please test and vote :)  httpd-2.1.8, at least on Win32, will be built
>> upon this flavor.
>
> Eww.  If it's called 2.1.8 it better be built from the same sources on
> all platforms.

I agree with Joe.  Upgrading the bundled version will have to wait until
2.1.9.

-Paul

Re: [Vote] 1.2.2 releases

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 10:09:46PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
> For testing in http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ to release;
>
>  +1  -1  for release:
>  [ ] [ ] apr-1.2.2
>  [ ] [ ] apr-util-1.2.2

Thanks form RMing; +1 for both, test suite passes on all-the-Linuxes
here.

> Please test and vote :)  httpd-2.1.8, at least on Win32, will be built
> upon this flavor.

Eww.  If it's called 2.1.8 it better be built from the same sources on
all platforms.

joe

Re: [Vote] 1.2.2 releases

Posted by Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com>.
apr, apr-util

+1 Netware

<43...@rowe-clan.net>,

Re: [Vote] 1.2.2 releases

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> For testing in http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ to release;
>
>  +1  -1  for release:
>  [X] [ ] apr-1.2.2
>  [X] [ ] apr-util-1.2.2

Builds on WIN32 and WIN64.
Standard /test/testall passes (both 32 and 64 bit binaries),
except pipe and socket, but those tests are not supported
on WIN platform anyhow.

Regards,
Mladen.