Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Rodrigo K. Ferreira" <rk...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/19 12:55:10 UTC

Monitoring QPID

Hi, somebody have experiencie on how integrate qpid with Snmpd for
collection monitoring data ?

Thanks,

Re: Monitoring QPID

Posted by "Rodrigo K. Ferreira" <rk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Steve and Carl.
I tought in integration the qpid-stat/qpid-print-events in my snmp subagent,
but all my subagents are in perl. It's in perl because its possible to use
embbed in net-snmpd, and it makes collect data too fast than external system
calls.
I will try that integration, and mensuares if it will have a good
performance.

Re: Monitoring QPID

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

RE: Monitoring QPID

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Rodrigo,

> Hi, somebody have experiencie on how integrate qpid with Snmpd for
> collection monitoring data ?

No, Qpid doesn't have SNMP support at this time. You could add it
directly, or create another application that monitors Qpid via QMF and
feeds that info via SNMP.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org