Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Charles Souillard <Ch...@ext.bull.net> on 2006/04/24 17:59:23 UTC

xml format in the NMR

Hi all,

it is written in the spec that the NMR only carries a standard XML
format but this format is not standard.

What about ServiceMix ?

In fact I am trying to understand how a received xml document is
converted into the standard format.
I can take an example with a simple helloworld service.
I have caught requests and response sent / received between an axis
client and an axis server
I can see that the xml document could be very different depending on the
style (document / rpc) of the use (literal / encoded) specified in the
wsdl file...
You can find some examples under...

In fact I want to know which kind of message I will receive in my SE.
There are many cases (in fact one for each BC  ?)
What about the WS BC ?
client -> WS BC -> NMR -> my SE

Can you tell me if the message is left unmodified or if a
standardisation process is performed by the NMR or the BC ?

document / literal
<initiateHelloWorld xmlns="urn:helloworld:bpel:bsoap">
<name xmlns="">toto</name>
</initiateHelloWorld>

rpc / literal  (the first node is a wrapper with the operation name)

<initiate xmlns="urn:helloworld:bpel:bsoap">

<parameters xmlns="">

<name>toto</name>

</parameters>

</initiate>

encoded use will add references into the xml document...

Thanks,
Charles

Re: xml format in the NMR

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
What I mean is that in WSDL 2, the soap body is fully described by am
xml schema.  A message is described by an xml schema, whereas in WSDL
1, only parts were defined using a schema.  This means that the soap
body will only contains a single xml element which is the one that the
JBI container will use as the content of the NormalizedMessage.
If you take a look at the WS-Notification component, you will see that
it uses the interfaces generated from the wsdl have multliple
arguments, but they are all extracted from a single xml element...

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: xml format in the NMR

Posted by Charles Souillard <Ch...@ext.bull.net>.