Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ba...@mediageneral.com on 2003/08/05 18:16:44 UTC

Problem installing tomcat

Greetings,
I'm trying to install tomcat 4.1 on a redhat linux 8.1 box.  I'm having trouble
b/c I need to install a couple of programs first like
xerces-j-1.3.0-1.noarch.rpm but I can't install that until I get the jdk 1.2 kit
on the machine.  I've found the tar ball of the kit but it doesn't work even
when I followed instructions on how to set the varibles from redhat.  I'm hoping
to find an rpm but I haven't been able to - any suggestions?

Bobbie Atristain
Internet Systems Administrator
Media General, INC.
804.649.6156