Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by nc...@lexmark.com on 2005/09/08 15:03:34 UTC

Newbie question: getting WebDAV Properties to work

I have just recently started using Slide with Tomcat.  For the server I am
using the combined Slide 2.1 and Tomcat 5.0.28 package, and for the client
I am using Slide 2.1.

I am able to read and write files on the Slide server via WebDAV with no
problems.  However if I try to set a property on any file, I will always
get a "501 Not Implemented" error.  I tried looking about for any info on
properties but didn't find anything obvious (either saying they were't
supported or pointing to some configuration change necessary to enable
them.)  On the Tomcat console, all I see is this message:

[PROPPATCH] /textfile.txt

A few more details: I am running on Windows XP.  My server also has Axis
installed, the port is 1976 instead of 8080, and I have modified the
WebDAV web.xml to allow read/write access.  For the client, I have tried
calling the Slide API from some custom Java code, and also tried the
command-line tool that comes with Slide.

Thanks-

RE: Newbie question: getting WebDAV Properties to work

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@alariussystems.com>.
You neglected to say how you were trying to set a property.  Were you using
code or the client?  When you say you "modified the WebDAV web.xml to allow
read/write..." do you mean /webapps/slide/WEB-INF/web.xml or
/webapps/slide/WEB-INF/web.xml ? The later has nothing at all to do with
slide and if you are using the bundle there is no change to slide's web.xml
needed to enable read/write.

Michael Oliver
CTO
Alarius Systems LLC