Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by SamuelKevin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/30 03:24:25 UTC

Fwd: Bluesky calls for a new mentor!

Hi, All:
     Based on what Noel has suggested. I believe we should give a timeline
to following four terms:
    1) All current code in the ASF repository.
    2) All development via ASF accounts (get the rest of the people signed
    up).
    3) Ddevelopment discussion on the mailing list.
    4) All licensing issues cleaned up.
   According to my experience of preparing the first release candidate, we
need about 1 week to clean up source code、generate related documents. So far
as i know , there is only one module violates ASL, but we could replace it
within 3 days. The signed up of core developers may cost some time. Make it
1 week to finish. We might could be ready with the newest release candidate
in 1 month.
guys, ring me your bone.
regards,
Kevin

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
2011/6/30 SamuelKevin <lo...@gmail.com>:
> Hi, All:
>     Based on what Noel has suggested. I believe we should give a timeline
> to following four terms:
>    1) All current code in the ASF repository.
>    2) All development via ASF accounts (get the rest of the people signed
>    up).
>    3) Ddevelopment discussion on the mailing list.
>    4) All licensing issues cleaned up.
>   According to my experience of preparing the first release candidate, we
> need about 1 week to clean up source code、generate related documents. So far
> as i know , there is only one module violates ASL, but we could replace it
> within 3 days. The signed up of core developers may cost some time. Make it
> 1 week to finish. We might could be ready with the newest release candidate
> in 1 month.
> guys, ring me your bone.
> regards,
> Kevin

I think Bluesky is not ready to become an Apache project now. As it
turns out, your goal was too ambitious. Do one step at a time. I
strongly encourage that you open source Bluesky, but not at Apache.
Many projects which are already established open source projects come
here and still find it hard to learn Apache. Then, later you might
come here and find it much less frustrating to do Incubation.

  Bernd