Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by "Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)" <mp...@cisco.com> on 2014/10/10 14:48:48 UTC

Which Timer in Stratos Triggers Cartridge Deletion When its Unreachable

Hi,

Wanted to know which timer in stratos will trigger the deletion of existing Active Cartridge when it becomes unreachable.

Regards
Manas

Re: Which Timer in Stratos Triggers Cartridge Deletion When its Unreachable

Posted by Akila Ravihansa Perera <ra...@wso2.com>.
Also I don't think you can change the time out period on the fly. You
have to restart the server to make changes take effect. Have you
succeeded in changing this value on the fly? This value is read once
and kept in memory according to the logic in Window processor init
method.

I think there is more improvement that we can do in Fault Handling
Window Processor. We should add the member id's when events are
received and remove all of them at the end. We can check against the
topology to see which instances didn't send the events. In this way we
can guarantee that what we provide in execution plan is the effective
time out period.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam
<ra...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte
> <ma...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Raj,
>>
>> I don't think this is configurable. Timeout period is hard coded in the
>> fault handling window processor at the movement [1].
>

> Even though it is hard coded there, if we run the fault handling logic every
> 2 min, then problem solved.
>
> Thanks.
>>

>> [1]
>> https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/master/extensions/cep/stratos-cep-extension/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/cep/extension/FaultHandlingWindowProcessor.java#L220
>>
>> Thanks !
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Manas,
>>>
>>> Seems it is configurable. We do not need to build the stratos again. We
>>> don't need to even restart the stratos.
>>>
>>> You can edit the following file in your running stratos setup.
>>>
>>> Please edit the following file;
>>>

>>> <stratos-setup>/apache-stratos-default/repository/deployment/server/executionplans/GradientOfHealthRequest.xml
>>>
>>> There you can find the following code block;
>>>
>>>   <queryExpressions><![CDATA[
>>>         from health_grad_processsor
>>>                 #window.stratos:faultHandling(1min, member_id) select
>>> cluster_id, network_partition_id, member_id, partition_id
>>>                 group by cluster_id, network_partition_id
>>>                 insert into fault_message;
>>>
>>> As you can see, we are passing 1min as default. So it will run every one
>>> min. Change it to 2min. The changes will take effects immediately. You do
>>> not need to even restart the stratos, as it is supporting hot deployment.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Akila Ravihansa Perera
Software Engineer, WSO2

Blog: http://ravihansa3000.blogspot.com

Re: Which Timer in Stratos Triggers Cartridge Deletion When its Unreachable

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Raj,

Yes your observation is correct. But in the CEP extension it expect stats
within one minute. So it send member faulty event after one minute.

Thanks !

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 11:14 PM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <ravihansa@wso2.com

Posted by Akila Ravihansa Perera <ra...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <ravihansa@wso2.com

Posted by Akila Ravihansa Perera <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi Raj,

Posted by Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Raj,

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi Manas,

Posted by Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Manas,

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)" <mp...@cisco.com>.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 6:18 PM, Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco) <mp...@cisco.com>> wrote:
Hi,

Wanted to know which timer in stratos will trigger the deletion of existing Active Cartridge when it becomes unreachable.

Regards
Manas

--
Lasindu Charith
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
Mobile: +94714427192<tel:%2B94714427192>
Web: blog.lasindu.com<http://blog.lasindu.com>

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi Manas,

Posted by Lasindu Charith <la...@wso2.com>.