Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Abhishek Khandelwal <ak...@spikesource.com> on 2004/06/23 03:08:17 UTC

Error running apache test

I am getting another strange problem.
I compile and install apache 2.0.49 for both fedora core 1 and red-hat
linux.

Everything seems okay, and installs properly.
When I start httpd manually, it start running and when I do wget using
http://localhost It works fine in both the machines.

But, when I run the test provided my perl-test-framework. And try to run
the server using t/TEST -httpd-start, the server starts perfectly on
Fedora core but it dies immediately with exit code 255 on Red-hat
machine.

Looking at the error log, in t/log/error_log directory, I see the error:
[error] (38)Function not implemented: Cannot create SSLMutex

Here is the complete error log:
[Tue Jun 22 17:43:02 2004] [info] Init: Initializing OpenSSL library
[Tue Jun 22 17:43:02 2004] [info] Init: Seeding PRNG with 136 bytes of
entropy
[Tue Jun 22 17:43:02 2004] [info] Loading certificate & private key of
SSL-aware server
[Tue Jun 22 17:43:02 2004] [debug] ssl_engine_pphrase.c(468):
unencrypted RSA private key - pass phrase not required
[Tue Jun 22 17:43:02 2004] [info] Loading certificate & private key of
SSL-aware server
[Tue Jun 22 17:43:02 2004] [debug] ssl_engine_pphrase.c(468):
unencrypted RSA private key - pass phrase not required
[Tue Jun 22 17:43:02 2004] [info] Init: Generating temporary RSA private
keys (512/1024 bits)
[Tue Jun 22 17:43:02 2004] [info] Init: Generating temporary DH
parameters (512/1024 bits)
[Tue Jun 22 17:43:02 2004] [error] (38)Function not implemented: Cannot
create SSLMutex

Ideas???

Abhishek

Re: Error running apache test

Posted by Abhishek Khandelwal <ak...@spikesource.com>.
I think you misunderstood the problem.

I did not build single binary. I seperately build binaries on Red-hat
and Fedora machines. i.e I build httpd on two different machine one
running Red-hat and one running Fedora core 1.

Moreover, I am running Red-hat 9

Its some kind of library incompatibility of httpd and red-hat.

Any ideas?

Abhishek

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Abhishek Khandelwal wrote:

> I changed original ssl.conf
> to the SSLMutex default as shown below.
>
> > #   Semaphore:
> > #   Configure the path to the mutual exclusion semaphore the
> > #   SSL engine uses internally for inter-process synchronization.
> > #SSLMutex  file:/opt/oss/var/apache2/run/ssl_mutex
> > SSLMutex default
> >

> Then I rebuild the test and try to run the test.
> But still my error log shows SSLMutex not created error.

Does the above change to SSLMutex also appear in the
config file generated by Apache-Text beneath t/conf/?
If not, try doing a
   make clean
to clean out the old stuff, and then rebuilding.

--
best regards,
randy

Re: Error running apache test

Posted by Abhishek Khandelwal <ak...@spikesource.com>.
I changed original ssl.conf

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Posted by Abhishek Khandelwal <ak...@spikesource.com>.
Where exactly I put this?

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Abhishek Khandelwal wrote:

> I am getting another strange problem.
> I compile and install apache 2.0.49 for both fedora core 1 and red-hat
> linux.
>
> Everything seems okay, and installs properly.
> When I start httpd manually, it start running and when I do wget using
> http://localhost It works fine in both the machines.
>
> But, when I run the test provided my perl-test-framework. And try to run
> the server using t/TEST -httpd-start, the server starts perfectly on
> Fedora core but it dies immediately with exit code 255 on Red-hat
> machine.
>
> Looking at the error log, in t/log/error_log directory, I see the error:
> [error] (38)Function not implemented: Cannot create SSLMutex

In the ssl portion of your system httpd.conf, if the
SSLMutex directive is not given as
   SSLMutex default
does changing it to that help?

--