Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by /dev /local/ca <de...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/04 02:53:58 UTC

PLEASE - compile and post: hadoop.dll and winutils.exe for Windows 10 Pro x64 for 3.2.1 and 3.2.2

Can someone please compile and post (on github)

   1. winutils.exe
   2. hadoop.dll

*for Windows 10 Pro x64* (AMD) for Hadoop 3.2.1 and Hadoop 3.2.2?

This does not work:

   - *https://github.com/cdarlint/winutils
   <https://github.com/cdarlint/winutils>*

*I get:*

*java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\hadoop\bin\winutils.exe":
CreateProcess error=216, This version of %1 is not compatible with the
version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information
and then contact the software publisher*

---
I have tried following the instructions to compile (from many offering
instructions from many pages) and run into a dead end each time with an
incomprehensible stack trace.

---
Is this too much to ask from Hadoop developers?  There are more developers
out there using Windows and IDE's on Windows than macs and Linux combined.

It's not our choice, it's what companies dump on our desks.

--
I need to run in my Windows IDE and set breakpoints.  My system does not
have resources to install VirtualBox and run a VM in which I set up a full

If I run under WSL, WSL I cannot run an IDE under WSL and have the GUI pop
up on windows to debug, same with Docker.

I can run, now I need to debug (in a Windows IDE on Windows 10 Pro x64
(AMD))

So Jesus please....

---
I (and many thousands of others), please need Windows support - not for
Windows NT or XP (as the latest hadoop docs reference), but for Windows 10
Pro x64 - some of us have upgraded since the 90's.

I would also welcome any step by step help on compiling this and maintain a
github page where this is posted.

Nothing has been done in this area in at least two years, and what is there
was compiled on very old hardware ( 32 bit - pre Windows 10 )

Thank you, I would please ask if someone can do this quickly, so I can get
up and running, and then I will contribute by maintaining future builds, as
it is not something the Hadoop developers want to do (that is support
Hadoop development on Windows).