Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/24 07:05:15 UTC

Change IP and Unauthorize IP change

Hi

There is two scenario i need to ask :
1) After one IP assigned after VM creation, and need to change IP ,  I
notice able to do that from VM ->NIC -> Change IP for the network
selection. But it seem not auto change it, even after reboot.

2) If user of VM, manual change the IP in VM , that is not assigned by
Admin.  Guest Share Network, and Public IP directly assign to user.
Will the system able to detect and avoid this ?

Thank you .

Hean Seng

Re: Change IP and Unauthorize IP change

Posted by Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com>.
Changing IP will take a long time validation.   FIrst , got to find which
ip is not being use and which aldy use.
The VM list is not able to search by IP , and seems only way is to ping one
by one to see if has been use.

If one list of shared network IP have 100 iPs from various C clas network,
the  it might have trouble.

I notice the old interface, change IP, i thas list down IP for Admin to
choose , this feature somehow not inherit to Prmate

Nicolas.Vazquez@shapeblue.comĀ

Posted by Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com>.