Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jabbar <aj...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/07 14:55:54 UTC

Can't remove contents of table with truncate or drop

Hello,

I'm having problems truncating or deleting the contents of a table. If I
truncate the table and then do a select count(*) I get a value above zero.
 If I drop the table, recreate the table the select count(*) still returns
a non zero value.

The truncate or delete operation does not return any errors.

I am using cassandra 1.2.1 with java 1.6.0 u 39 64 bit in centos 6.3

My keyspace definition is

CREATE KEYSPACE studata WITH replication = {
  'class': 'SimpleStrategy',
  'replication_factor': '3'
};

My table definition is

CREATE TABLE datapoints (
  siteid bigint,
  channel int,
  time timestamp,
  data float,
  PRIMARY KEY ((siteid, channel), time)
) WITH
  bloom_filter_fp_chance=0.010000 AND
  caching='KEYS_ONLY' AND
  comment='' AND
  dclocal_read_repair_chance=0.000000 AND
  gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
  read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
  replicate_on_write='true' AND
  compaction={'class': 'SizeTieredCompactionStrategy'} AND
  compression={'sstable_compression': 'SnappyCompressor'};

It has 3,504,000,000  rows, consisting of 100,000 partition keys.

Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?

--
Thanks

 A Jabbar Azam

Re: Can't remove contents of table with truncate or drop

Posted by Jabbar <aj...@gmail.com>.
Aaron,

Everytime after I ran the truncate I did

select count(*) from datapoints;

and a non zero value was returned.

I never got any errors after the truncate. All the nodes seem to be
available as I was connected to all the servers via ssh and ran cassandra
using ./cassandra -f

I had to do some more testing so I wrote some c# to delete the rows
explicitly.

I am currently benchtesting our cluster so will do a truncate again after I
have finished inserting data and will report my results.

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.