Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2014/11/01 17:27:57 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1635524 - in /tomcat/trunk: java/org/apache/coyote/http11/ java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/ test/org/apache/coyote/http11/ webapps/docs/ webapps/docs/config/

On 30/10/2014 21:26, Rémy Maucherat wrote:

>>> There should be no difference with the !connectionClosePresent as one of
>>> the flags is for connection: close in the request, the other one for
>>> connection: close in the response. And connection: close is added to the
>>> response if keepAlive is false.
>>>
>>> So this doesn't make sense.
>>
>> What doesn't make sense?
>>

> The connectionClosePresent flag was added, which disables chunking. It's
> the same thing as keepalive.
>

>> Would it be clearer if the option was called
>> "disableChunkingIfNoKeepAlive" and the description was updated accordingly?
>>
> I don't care about this option, please forget about it and let me revert
> the whole thing. Let's move on.

OK. Happy to ditch nearly all of this. There was a tweak to a unit test
I'd like to keep. I'll do those reverts shorty unless you beat me to it.

Mark

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

> OK. Happy to ditch nearly all of this. There was a tweak to a unit test
> I'd like to keep. I'll do those reverts shorty unless you beat me to it.
>
> Unlikely, I'm not doing much on WEs, and I am mostly interested in the
upgrade process in the immediate future.

Rémy