Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "BURN, James" <Ja...@oup.com> on 2014/05/22 15:47:29 UTC

featuresBoot

Hi

I'm did a fresh install of ServiceMix 5.0.0 on a Linux Redhat server.

I'm then had trouble getting the featuresBoot list in etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg file to be installed on startup.

Firstly I thought it was because my proxy server settings weren't allowing access to the outside world.   I fixed that (through adding a KARAF_OPTS= line in bin/setenv and can now install ServiceMix features manually from the console/command line.

However, when it still won't install the features from featuresBoot list.

Can someone confirm if the featuresBoot list is used only the very first time ServiceMix is started (I'd have thought this wouldn't be intended), or should it update the features based on this list each time I shutdown SM and then call bin/start?

Assuming it's meant to do it every time, can you give me any pointers to working out why featuresBoot list isn't loading correctly.

Thanks

James

Oxford University Press (UK) Disclaimer

This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the intended purpose only. OUP does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of OUP. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it, along with any attachments. Please note that OUP may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.

Re: featuresBoot

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi James

ServiceMix 5 is based on Karaf 2.3.x and in this version you must delete
the data directory to clear the cache if you want to change the
featuresBoot. The featuresBoot is used only once. The logic has been
changed in Karaf 3.x. ServiceMix 6 will use the new logic.

Best regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak