Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/05 17:09:16 UTC

Writing out a single file

Is there anyway I can write out the results of my mapreduce job into 1
local file... ie the opposite of getmerge?

Thanks

Re: Writing out a single file

Posted by madhu phatak <ph...@gmail.com>.
Always Map/Reduce jobs write to the HDFS. So you can use FS.copyToLocalFile
API to copy the result into local systems

Re: Writing out a single file

Posted by James Seigel <ja...@tynt.com>.
Single reducer.

Re: Writing out a single file

Posted by John Armstrong <jo...@ccri.com>.
On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 08:09:16 -0700, Mark <st...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Is there anyway I can write out the results of my mapreduce job into 1
> local file... ie the opposite of getmerge?

I don't know about writing directly to the local filesystem, but if you
specify a single reducer you should get only one output file, which your
Tool can then copy to the local filesystem wherever you want it.