Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Sargol <s_...@hotmail.com> on 2010/07/18 07:43:11 UTC

Add prefix to native sequences using OpenJPA

Hi,
 We are going to use our own custom sequence generators in the project using
OpenJPA as the persistence provider. We found that the OpenJPA represents
all generators internally with the "org.apache.openjpa.kernel.Seq" interface
which supplies all the context we need to create our own custom generators.
It mentioned that we have to set the sequence name attribute of the
"SequenceGenerator" to the "system" value in order to be redirected to the
OpenJpa.Sequence
property where we have set our implementaion class of the openjpa "Seq"
interface.

 Now the problem is that we don't want to change native sequences mentioned
in the entities, we just want to manipulate their generated values for
example by adding a prefix. How we can customize openJpa sequence in this
way.

Thanks for any help.
Sargol