Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2004/01/11 12:19:24 UTC

Javadoc of previous release

For Commons-Collections I want to provide javadoc for a number of releases
(HEAD, 3.0, 2.1). As far as I can see there is no way to achieve this by
default in maven. I would have to manually checkout each tag, then generate.

If I am correct, then is there interest in me supplying a patch to the
javadoc plugin to achieve this? I have one mostly working.

Stephen

Re: Javadoc of previous release

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 15:51, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> From: "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@maven.org>
> > On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 06:19, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> > > For Commons-Collections I want to provide javadoc for a number of
> releases
> > > (HEAD, 3.0, 2.1). As far as I can see there is no way to achieve this by
> > > default in maven. I would have to manually checkout each tag, then
> generate.
> >
> > This is not simply a question for the javadoc plugin, it must be dealt
> > with for the site as a whole. A solution for that would be great, I'm
> > not so keen on a piecemeal approach on a per report basis.
>
> I can understand this, but with maven undergoing rewrites anyway I would
> expect that requirement to form part of the Maven2 solution.

It would actually all take place in the plugins now. It would all start
somewhere in the site plugin. I try to think if the core would be
necessary and I think you can, in fact, do it all within the context of
the plugins.

> I'll finish up
> what I've done and create a JIRA, as I do believe that having something for
> this is better than nothing. (I also reckon that jvadoc is the most
> important, as the other reports are perhaps less interesting...)
>
> Stephen

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

Re: Javadoc of previous release

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
From: "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@maven.org>
> On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 06:19, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> > For Commons-Collections I want to provide javadoc for a number of
releases
> > (HEAD, 3.0, 2.1). As far as I can see there is no way to achieve this by
> > default in maven. I would have to manually checkout each tag, then
generate.

> This is not simply a question for the javadoc plugin, it must be dealt
> with for the site as a whole. A solution for that would be great, I'm
> not so keen on a piecemeal approach on a per report basis.

I can understand this, but with maven undergoing rewrites anyway I would
expect that requirement to form part of the Maven2 solution. I'll finish up

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.