Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Scott Stirling <sc...@rcn.com> on 2001/12/24 18:26:13 UTC

Follow-up: WRT JUnit task in JUnit build.xml

Someone mentioned a concern a couple weeks ago about the filtertrace attribute
in the JUnit task with regard to the Ant and JUnit build scripts.

I see that you've turned off filtertrace in the Ant build.xml.  So that's all
set.

As far as the JUnit build.xml, theirs (as of today in their CVS at Sourceforge)
uses the java task to invoke their textui.Testrunner in their build.  I also
emailed the maintainers and users of JUnit at their yahoo.groups list, so they
are all set.

Just a quick follow up.

Scott Stirling
Framingham, MA

Re: Follow-up: WRT JUnit task in JUnit build.xml

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, Scott Stirling <sc...@rcn.com> wrote:

> I see that you've turned off filtertrace in the Ant build.xml.  So
> that's all set.

I did so after I received my first empty stack trace 8-)

> As far as the JUnit build.xml, theirs (as of today in their CVS at
> Sourceforge) uses the java task to invoke their textui.Testrunner in
> their build.

True and it seems they will stick with it, unfortunately we've never
talked about why they are doing it that way, maybe something for the
"things I want to do better next year" list.

> I also emailed the maintainers and users of JUnit at their
> yahoo.groups list, so they are all set.

Thank you for doing that.

Cheers

        Stefan