Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Baahu <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/04 14:09:14 UTC

Need help with Installation hive 0.11

Hi,
Have installed Hive 0.11 in centos.I see the below error when I execute
hive.Can you please help me resolving this.

[root@centosvm bin]# hive
13/10/04 09:05:35 WARN conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Configuration property
hive.metastore.local no longer has any effect. Make sure to provide a valid
value for hive.metastore.uris if you are connecting to a remote metastore.

Logging initialized using configuration in
jar:file:/opt/hive-0.11.0-bin/lib/hive-common-0.11.0.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
Hive history
file=/tmp/root/hive_job_log_root_8553@centosvm_201310040905_1657489660.txt
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hcatalog.security.StorageDelegationAuthorizationProvider
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:278)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:670)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:614)
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hcatalog.security.StorageDelegationAuthorizationProvider
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveUtils.getAuthorizeProviderManager(HiveUtils.java:342)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:272)
        ... 7 more
org.apache.hcatalog.security.StorageDelegationAuthorizationProvider
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveUtils.getAuthorizeProviderManager(HiveUtils.java:335)
        ... 8 more

Thanks.

Re: Need help with Installation hive 0.11

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Baahu,
from hive-0.11 , hcat is part of hive.

So you basically do not need to configure your ports etc in hcat_server.sh

what you need to set is hive.metastore.uris in hive-site.xml. Default port
is 9083 I suppose

Posted by Baahu <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Need help with Installation hive 0.11

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Baahu,

Posted by Baahu <ba...@gmail.com>.
Mikhail,

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
There's no need to disable Hive security, what you probably may want to do
is do use default (database/metastore permission-based) type of
authentication as suggested above (I myself use default/my custom
authentication, but not HCatalog one). DefaultHiveAuthorizationProvider -
that's the auth provider you may want to try, should work.

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Baahu <ba...@gmail.com>.
Lefty,

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Baahu <ba...@gmail.com>.
Apache hive.

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Baahu <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mikhail,

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.

2013/10/4 Baahu <ba...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
> Have installed Hive 0.11 in centos.I see the below error when I execute
> hive.Can you please help me resolving this.
>
> [root@centosvm bin]# hive
> 13/10/04 09:05:35 WARN conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Configuration property
> hive.metastore.local no longer has any effect. Make sure to provide a valid
> value for hive.metastore.uris if you are connecting to a remote metastore.
>
> Logging initialized using configuration in
> jar:file:/opt/hive-0.11.0-bin/lib/hive-common-0.11.0.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
> Hive history
> file=/tmp/root/hive_job_log_root_8553@centosvm_201310040905_1657489660.txt
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException:
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.hcatalog.security.StorageDelegationAuthorizationProvider
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:278)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:670)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:614)
>         at
>         at
>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:160)
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.hcatalog.security.StorageDelegationAuthorizationProvider
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveUtils.getAuthorizeProviderManager(HiveUtils.java:342)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:272)
>         ... 7 more
> org.apache.hcatalog.security.StorageDelegationAuthorizationProvider
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveUtils.getAuthorizeProviderManager(HiveUtils.java:335)
>         ... 8 more
>
> Thanks.

Michael Antonov