Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dario Luis Coneglian Oliveros <ol...@cpqd.com.br> on 2006/05/23 21:53:29 UTC

[m2] [maven-release-plugin] Unknown file status: 'X' as a result of 'mvn release:prepare'

I've been trying  to make a release by running 'mvn release:prepare',
but got a warning saying that 'X' is an unknown file status.
I noticed the release plugin runs the 'svn --non-interactive status'
command internally which prints the status of working copy files and
directories. Since one of the directories was fetched from a different
svn repo thru svn:externals, its status is 'X' and it does not seem to
be recognized by the release plugin. Therefore the outcome of 'mvn
release:prepare' command is a build failure.
Any ideas or comments ? Should I file a JIRA issue ?
Thanks,
Dário