Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl> on 2019/08/22 14:19:51 UTC

Docker image

Hi all,

For the development of the Druid Scala client library called Scruid
<https://github.com/ing-bank/scruid>, we're using a Docker image to run CI
tests. The container that we're using in a fork
<https://github.com/Fokko/docker-druid> of the official
docker-io/docker-druid <https://github.com/druid-io/docker-druid>
container. This version of the container is still at 0.12.1. I've created a
PR <https://github.com/druid-io/docker-druid/pull/72/files> to update this
to 0.15.1, and build it from the binaries, instead of compiling the source.

My question is, is the original docker-druid repository still maintained?
If not, are we going to migrate the Docker image to Apache as well?

Cheers, Fokko

Re: Docker image

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Would be great to have the Docker image merged into the main repo. I'll
prepare a PR to bump it to Druid 0.15.1 somewhere this week.

I would be in favor as well to get rid of
https://github.com/druid-io/docker-druid and point it to the main repo. The
current image isn't building and it is rather old anyway.

Cheers, Fokko

Re: Docker image

Posted by Himanshu <g....@gmail.com>.

Re: Docker image