Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by learn_n_share <am...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/06 07:07:39 UTC

Is this the correct way to return an object from a java web service?

Hi.
On returning simple data types from my Java WS, I retrieve data successfully
at the front end, wherein i call the WS. But I have some problem with
retrieving an object array from web service

say if i have

class Sample {
   String s[];
   int      b;
   //getters and setters
}

public Sample[] somefunction() {
   Sample object[];
   // object array gets created and initiated
   return object;
}

For this, I create corresponding xml, and deploy it in axis2 webapp

On calling this WS, I m unable to retrieve the object array.
had i returned some simple data type, say string, i would have successfully
retrieved the value at front end

what am i missing?