Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org> on 2012/11/21 12:44:13 UTC

Changes to get rid of jersey dependencies

Hi

I've commited quite massive changes under
STANBOL-742<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-742>
.

While Viewable and pojo based freemarker Readme should be dropped in favor
of LdViewables I've added a near-drop in replacement for the jersey
Viewable. The new Viewable no longer relies on the template being located
using WebFragment.getTemplateLoader() which is no longer called (but not
yet removed) instead the templates are expected to be in a folder named
"templates" in any bundle. To support different templates for different
target media types the templates are located in templates/html. templates
imported in other templates are located directivity in templates as some
snippets may have to be rendered in the same way for different target media
types.

There re some remaining imports of com.sun.jersey packages in some of the
modules. Namely:

Unproblematic I think:
- com.sun.jersey.api.client.*: I Think the client API is no problem

Need replacement if jersey doesn't offer them in a Jax-RS implementation
independent way:
- com.sun.jersey.multipart.BodyPart
- com.sun.jersey.multipart.FormDataBodyPart
- com.sun.jersey.multipart.FormDataParam
- com.sun.jersey.multipart.FormDataMultiPart
- com.sun.jersey.core.util.MultivaluedMapImpl

Not sure what they are for:
- com.sun.jersey.core.header.FormDataContentDisposition
- com.sun.jersey.spi.resource.Singleton
- com.sun.jersey.core.header.FormDataContentDisposition
- com.sun.jersey.api.view.ImplicitProduces
- com.sun.jersey.spi.resource.Singleton
- com.sun.jersey.core.util.StringKeyIgnoreCaseMultivaluedMap;
- com.sun.jersey.api.representation.Form
- com.sun.jersey.api.core.HttpContext
- com.sun.jersey.api.core.HttpRequestContext;

Especially if you introduced code that uses one of the classes in the last
category it would be good if you could have a look at it an either change
the code to use standard jax-rs classes or describe what they do and what
you need them for.

Cheers,
Reto

Re: Changes to get rid of jersey dependencies

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
yes this was the wrong thread ... sorry ... no change to the
contentitem.ftl. AFAIK this is duplicated to avoid a dependency
between the enhancer and the contenthub.

best
Rupert

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@wymiwyg.com>.

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
Hi Rupert,

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reto,

I think I discovered  an other issue with the new template loading
mechanism while re-integrating the stanbol-nlp-proessing brach.
However also a test on the current trunk shows the same issue.

When I post an Request to the Stanbol Enhancer via the Web UI I do get
an "Invalid query" because of

24.11.2012 13:17:17.994 *WARN* [1346380557@qtp-2082765220-174]
org.apache.felix.http.jetty /enhancer (java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Template
html/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/jersey/resource/ContentItemResource/ajax/contentitem
not found.) java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
Template html/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/jersey/resource/ContentItemResource/ajax/contentitem

Posted by Andrea Di Menna <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reto,