Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kasteleijn, Wilco" <wi...@elemica.com> on 2020/06/26 12:35:13 UTC

CVE-2020-11996 Apache Tomcat HTTP/2 Denial of Service

Hello, we would like to know if this vulnerability is only applicable for usage of the coyote http connector?
We are using Tomcat 8.5.55 in combination with a apache HTTPD proxy setup that is connected via the AJP connector. Are we also affected in that case?
Regards, Wilco.

This message contains confidential or privileged information and is intended only for the individual named. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Nothing in this email is intended to bind Elemica, Inc., which only operates under the terms of written agreements signed by an authorized officer. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Disclaimer

Re: CVE-2020-11996 Apache Tomcat HTTP/2 Denial of Service

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 26/06/2020 13:35, Kasteleijn, Wilco wrote:
> Hello, we would like to know if this vulnerability is only applicable for usage of the coyote http connector?

It only applies when using the HTTP/2 protocol. That is only available
with an HTTP connector.

> We are using Tomcat 8.5.55 in combination with a apache HTTPD proxy setup that is connected via the AJP connector. Are we also affected in that case?

No. AJP is not affected.

Mark