Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org> on 2014/10/09 16:38:00 UTC

Re: whitelist as a plugin

I'm running into more and more problems caused by the whitelist (today,
it's because of the dual use of the internal whitelist for "should be able
to navigate to URL" and "should be able to XHR from URL")

I'm going to start to pull it out, on a topic branch based off of Android
4.0.x right now. I'll create a JIRA issue to track the work.

Is 4.0.x the best place for this to land, or is there any support for
putting it on master as well, for an eventual 3.7 release?

Re: whitelist as a plugin

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.
CB-7747, for those following along at home.

Re: whitelist as a plugin

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
I'd like to see this tie into Pluggable WebViews because based on the work
I'm doing on MozillaView, I think we're going to need it broken out into a
plugin and an API added for it.  That said, I'm hoping the delta isn't too
different, because if we decide to completely redesign the Pluggable
WebView API, I think it'll be another six months until this feature sees
the light of day.

Re: whitelist as a plugin

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Re: whitelist as a plugin