Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dev Zero G Ltd <ma...@devzerog.com> on 2002/07/23 20:54:37 UTC

make --enable-so

How do I get make take the --enable-so option during making of the port?

Installing Apache 2.0.39 port on freebsd 4.5

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Re: make --enable-so

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
hi,

couple of thoughts:

0. are you issuing the configure command in the src directory? if you
don't issue that command where it's found, it won't work.

<apache_src_tree_root>/src/configure

so if you're not in that directory when issue './configure', it's likely
not going to work. the error message you list below is caused by this
problem.

1. f you know that already, then perhaps there's a problem with the
configure script, or it can't find some tool it needs. you can put some
'echo' statements into the configure script (it's a sh/ksh script) to
see where it's blowing up.

as an aside, i'm not strictly certain you can actually compile, that is
'make' apache, without configuring it first. that process creates the
Makefiles/ libtools/ etc. needed to actually build apache for a specific
machine.

cheers,
andy

Dev Zero G Ltd wrote:

> I did see this somwhere else, and did try it, but I get:
>
> ./configure: Command not found.
>
> I'v mostly only used "make" followed by options... Can I give make some
> option here?
>
> Thanks for the help!!
>
> Andy Cutright wrote:
>
>> ./configure --enable-module=most --enable-mods-shared=most
>>
>> follow this by a list of modules you want to compile as shared
>> libraries, like --enable-mime_magic=shared
>>
>> e.g:
>>
>> ./configure --enable-module=most --enable-mods-shared=most
>> --enable-mime_magic=shared
>>

>> the 'most' parameters will enable most of your other modules as shared
>> libraries. mod_so and the true core bits will be statically linked,
>> which is what you want..
>>
>> hope this helps
>>
>> cheers,
>> andy
>>
>> Dev Zero G Ltd wrote:
>>
>>> How do I get make take the --enable-so option during making of the port?
>>>
>>> Installing Apache 2.0.39 port on freebsd 4.5
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Mike

"an uber-system has been superposed, bootstrapped to convergence at
maximized functionality..."
--
Borland -- Enabling a new digital world where our customers have the
freedom of choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across

confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail,
and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in
error,
please immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of
any e-mail
and any printout thereof.

Re: make --enable-so

Posted by Dev Zero G Ltd <ma...@devzerog.com>.