Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ola Ogunneye <oo...@adventisthealthcare.com> on 2003/12/03 02:16:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Is this entry valid for Virtual Host

Hello all,

I am configuring apache 2.0.47 and in trying to use two sites with one
IP address I created two different public folders under the htdocs. Now
in trying to configure namevirtualhost, I am trying to use the entry
below. Would this work or would it create chaos for me. The concern is
really with the documentroot. I am actually pointing to the directory
where the my public html directory is located.

Most of the readings I have seen on it always refer to
Documentroot /www/domain

I am still a total newbie and afraid of messing up my original
configuration.

Please help

Thank you all in advance

Ola

NameVirtualhost 1.2.3.4:80

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
ServerAdmin ola@yahoo.com
DocumentRoot D:/apache/apache2/htdocs/feyi_public
ServerName www.feyi.com
ServerAlias feyi.com *.feyi.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
ServerAdmin ola@yahoo.com
DocumentRoot D:/apache/apache2/htdocs/faye_public
ServerName www.faye.com
ServerAlias faye.com *.faye.com
</VirtualHost>