Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ankitR <ju...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/07/19 13:20:18 UTC

Query regarding Response time

Hi,

I want to know whether the response time in Jmeter includes  the  server
time + the UI rendering time on the client's side. I have a JSP based
application which i am testing using Jmeter. I recorded the ogin sequence
using the proxy server. along with the original Jsp page there is also a lot
of .js, .pngetc files getting recorded , which I understand are required for
the UI rendering on client side. What I want to know is that , when i run
the test plan and view the result tree sampler result, does the load time in
case of .js, .png files tell me only the time required to get them from the
server or it includes the time involved in rendering them on the UI?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Query regarding Response time

Posted by ankitR <ju...@yahoo.co.in>.
Thanks for your help

Re: Query regarding Response time

Posted by Sudip Kumar Bhattacharya <sk...@gmail.com>.
Jmeter does not render your page or process any client side scripts like javascript, flash script, etc
The response time u will get is only the time to download the resource from the web server to the jmeter client machine.
So your rendering times are over and above the times provided by jmeter. If u have a long running javascript on your page which causes a delay on the browser during rendering your page, jmeter won't be able to detect it.
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

In all probability, it should only reflect the server response time
without the client rendering time. The client rendering time would
depend on:

1. Configuration of Client Machine
2. Browser Type

Deepak

On 7/19/10, ankitR <ju...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to know whether the response time in Jmeter includes  the  server
> time + the UI rendering time on the client's side. I have a JSP based
> application which i am testing using Jmeter. I recorded the ogin sequence
> using the proxy server. along with the original Jsp page there is also a lot
> of .js, .pngetc files getting recorded , which I understand are required for
> the UI rendering on client side. What I want to know is that , when i run
> the test plan and view the result tree sampler result, does the load time in
> case of .js, .png files tell me only the time required to get them from the
> server or it includes the time involved in rendering them on the UI?
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag

   --
Keigu

Deepak
+91-9765089593
deicool@gmail.com

Skype: thumsupdeicool
Google talk: deicool
Blog: http://loveandfearless.wordpress.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/deicool

Check out my Work at:
LinkedIn: http://in.linkedin.com/in/thumsupdeicool

"Contribute to the world, environment and more : http://www.gridrepublic.org"

Re: Query regarding Response time

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Hey

In all probability, it should only reflect the server response time
without the client rendering time. The client rendering time would
depend on:

1. Configuration of Client Machine
2. Browser Type

Deepak

On 7/19/10, ankitR <ju...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to know whether the response time in Jmeter includes  the  server
> time + the UI rendering time on the client's side. I have a JSP based
> application which i am testing using Jmeter. I recorded the ogin sequence
> using the proxy server. along with the original Jsp page there is also a lot
> of .js, .pngetc files getting recorded , which I understand are required for
> the UI rendering on client side. What I want to know is that , when i run
> the test plan and view the result tree sampler result, does the load time in
> case of .js, .png files tell me only the time required to get them from the
> server or it includes the time involved in rendering them on the UI?
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag