Posted to user@flink.apache.org by William Saar <wi...@saar.se> on 2018/12/19 15:40:54 UTC

Can't list logs or stdout through web console on Flink 1.7 Kubernetes

I'm running Flink 1.7 in ECS, is this a known issue or should I create
a jira?

The web console doesn't show anything when trying to list logs or
stdout for task managers and the job manager log have stack traces for
the errors

2018-12-19 15:35:53,498 ERROR
org.apache.flink.runtime.rest.handler.taskmanager.TaskManagerStdoutFileHandler
- Failed to transfer file from TaskExecutor
d7fd266047d5acfaddeb1156bdb23ff3.
java.util.concurrent.CompletionException:
org.apache.flink.util.FlinkException: The file STDOUT is not available
on the TaskExecutor.

2018-12-19 15:36:02,538 ERROR
org.apache.flink.runtime.rest.handler.taskmanager.TaskManagerLogFileHandler
- Failed to transfer file from TaskExecutor
d7fd266047d5acfaddeb1156bdb23ff3.
java.util.concurrent.CompletionException:
org.apache.flink.util.FlinkException: The file LOG is not available on
the TaskExecutor.

Re: Can't list logs or stdout through web console on Flink 1.7 Kubernetes

Posted by Joshua Fan <jo...@gmail.com>.
I found the root cause why log-not-show when use logback, because flink
does not include the logback-*.jar in the lib folder.
After I put the logback jar file in lib, everything is ok now.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joshua Fan <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Nelson <sn...@sourceallies.com>.